Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reefer 250
To say it looks amazing would be an understatement. Thanks for sharing. Your tank is and will be an inspiration to many people. Glad you found your problem. What’s it cost to get the testing done?
(20-Mar-2018, 10:42 PM)Cabinetman Wrote: To say it looks amazing would be an understatement. Thanks for sharing. Your tank is and will be an inspiration to many people. Glad you found your problem. What’s it cost to get the testing done?

Picked up a few on Black Friday for 35. They are regular 50, so I wouldn’t recommend just doing one unless you’re having an issue of some type and you’ve exhausted every other option.
Looks great man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tank is still doing well, and I'm seeing more polyp extension as some acros are waking up after a long time of no growth. I almost forgot what encrusting and branching looked like on a few of them.

Added a few new things to the system over the weekend as well. Will be interesting to see how the new things grow.

[Image: ZothFOTh.jpg]

[Image: WD4C9HZh.jpg]

[Image: mNmAuhMh.jpg]

[Image: M96P80ph.jpg]

[Image: IqnIR01h.jpg]

[Image: NPy7Vh4h.jpg]

[Image: 3Tn3TyEh.jpg]

[Image: gULjaq6h.jpg]

[Image: MoXfep0h.jpg]

[Image: Kii2nO8h.jpg]
[-] The following 3 users Like daelie's post:
  • Cabinetman, Lisa66, zoo keeper
(03-Apr-2018, 12:26 PM)I daelie Wrote: Stunning photos!
Great pics frags look great TJ you are the Master
(06-Jan-2018, 08:54 PM)daelie Wrote: Hi there, 

Not new by any means, but figured I should put up a build thread at some point and a very very brief intro. 

I'm TJ, a 10+ year reefer from Fredericton, a biochemist/chemist/immunologist, and this is my SPS dominant RSR 250. I also have a tank that is mostly dedicated to zoas, so those pics sometimes find their way onto my build threads. 

Tank Specs

Lighting: Giesemann 8 Bulb T5 - 4 x Blue Plus, 2 x Actinic, 1 x Coral Plus, 1 x Purple Plus

Skimmer: Vertex Omega 130

Heater: Eheim Jager 200w

Flow: RE RD3 50W Return & 4 x Tunze 6055 Powerheads

Doser: GHL Doser 2 dosing ATI Essentials

Controller: GHL Profilux 4

Other Additives: DIY Potassium Nitrate, DIY Potassium Phosphate,  KZ Coral Vitalizer, KZ Zeobak, KZ Zeostart3

It's relatively low maintainence, I only have to change out the dosing solutions once a month-ish and add a few drops of nutrients whenever I feed the fish. I rarely do water changes unless something seems off, which at one point, it did, as a Jebao pump was rusting in my sump leeching tin into the water. It's since been replaced and the tin has dropped about 60%, slowly getting back to zero. 

Full Tank Shot:

[Image: dOgzuY8l.jpg]

Sump Area:

[Image: URH48mG.jpg]

[Image: BkgZiRj.jpg]

[Image: mqmisCMl.png]

[Image: AiEW3Mql.png]

[Image: ImGHv0B.png]

[Image: LxeXUvE.png]

[Image: MKlMAVL.png]

[Image: X1nwxwK.png]

[Image: FKRJkmY.jpg]
Nice! Nice!

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk
Looks great, nice work!
Very nice !!

Great pics too!
Few tests on the ole params and some pics:

Alk: 6.5
Nitrates: 25-50 ppm
Phosphates: 0.4 ppm
Potassium: 430 ppm

Things going decently well in the tank, running out of real estate quite quickly at this point though. New and old!

[Image: oYxVzsLl.png]

[Image: xt912S1l.png]

[Image: I1Q0zvvl.png]

[Image: etiZ5qol.png]

[Image: B5HWatbl.png]

[Image: c7ckAGGl.png]

[Image: zTeq80gl.png]

[Image: mIxUzxxl.png]

[Image: klRpLKEl.png]

[Image: wmk52uml.png]