Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sale on Neptune Equipment - 10 % off
Looks like the MAP has been loosened for Black Friday as Reefsupplies has 10% off Neptune Equipment listed online.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarineGP's post:
  • DavidLong
Picked up a leak detection module and a couple other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(24-Nov-2018, 08:28 AM)DavidLong Wrote: Picked up a leak detection module and a couple other things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Finally took the plunge and ordered Apex Controller System. I have fully gone over to the tech side.
That’s awesome! What one did you order John? If you need any help setting it up I’m sure I can help you. Especially if it’s the new version
(24-Nov-2018, 10:36 AM)Cabinetman Wrote: That’s awesome! What one did you order John?  If you need any help setting it up I’m sure I can help you. Especially if it’s the new version

First thing will be finally getting sump fully installed on my 90 gallon FOWLR + tank ... Got the new "Next Generation" version .. also ordered the probe rack ... and plan on adding the ATK in short order.

Going to use a 30 gallon tank as sump with 7 inch sock initially ... plan on adding 7 inch Klir filter and Curve 5 or 7 skimmer. Will in the future pump in a separate 20 gallon long as a refugium.

When I finally get that 200 + tank -- will expand the system. I understand that you get either run two CPUs or add power bars and probes to the system.
You could run all your tanks with that one brain if you were to buy enough power bars and be able to connect them together using USB cables. You could go from one to the next too basically daisy chained.... the energy bars that is.
(24-Nov-2018, 11:13 AM)Cabinetman Wrote: You could run all your tanks with that one brain if you were to buy enough power bars and be able to connect them together using USB cables. You could go from one to the next too basically daisy chained.... the energy bars that is.

So as I understand the only connection would be the USB cable ??? Nice..... So using two E832s would permit two full sets of probes along with controlling 120 volts and 24 volts at both location... ???
No. Not an extra set of probes. You’d need a pm1 to be able to add an extra ph and temp probe. The probe plug into the brain unit not the energy bars. But you will be able to control all the 24v and everything on pretty much as many energy bars as you want. It’s a rediculous amount if I remember right. They just gotta be connected by a USB cable pretty much plugged into any port in the system. It’s pretty versitile
I ordered another power bar for mine...an EB9 since I have the older controller.

I understand that it is not actually a USB cable or connection. They call it an Aquabus connnectin and the pins and voltages are different. Maybe a standard USB cable can be used, but you cannot plug a USB device into it. Is it different for the new system?
You’re right Doug. I couldn’t remember the name of the cables that connect them together. Thanks for verifying that