Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aptasia control
What is the best way to control aptasia? Was thinking of file fish or peppermint shrimp but really dont want to risk them eating coral.
(08-Dec-2018, 02:22 PM)Ryanmacleod Wrote: What is the best way to control aptasia? Was thinking of file fish or peppermint shrimp but really dont want to risk them eating coral.

peppermint shrimp are hit or miss,file fish or a Copperband Butterflyfish but  is a difficult fish to feed
Get some aptasia X by redsea, It works very well. Kill as many as you can, then add some peppermint shrimp to keep them from coming back. Killing off all the big ones initialy is the key to success.
Go with a file fish IMHO ... 'Easy' fish to catch if it goes after your corals when the Aptasia are gone. Always someone looking for one.
I’m breeding some berghias now! They’re damn good at eating aiptasia and they only eat aiptasia then die out.
(08-Dec-2018, 02:49 PM)daelie Wrote: I’m breeding some berghias now! They’re damn good at eating aiptasia and they only eat aiptasia then die out.

you be selling them later on TJ
(08-Dec-2018, 02:49 PM)daelie Wrote: I’m breeding some berghias now! They’re damn good at eating aiptasia and they only eat aiptasia then die out.

Nice. Are you going to be selling them? Idea of price?
Berghia Sea Slugs would like a couple if possible 4 at most for my sump some sign of aptasia there have 5 peppermints in there now don`t think they doing the job
I got aptasia-x. Worked like a charm last week. I wouldn’t risk a butterfly fish in a coral tank
(08-Dec-2018, 10:58 PM)Fusilier Wrote: I got aptasia-x. Worked like a charm last week. I wouldn’t risk a butterfly fish in a coral tank

they are hard too feed flie fish is better mine you copperbands are nice looking fish