Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aptasia control
Will end up selling some as long as I'm successful at growing out the babies and it's not toooooo tooo much work.

[Image: f3D4E6tl.jpg]
That’s an awesome project tj.
They’re so cool, nice one man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(13-Dec-2018, 05:27 PM)daelie Wrote: Will end up selling some as long as I'm successful at growing out the babies and it's not toooooo tooo much work.

[Image: f3D4E6tl.jpg]

Great project --- all the best. PS Put me down on the list for buyers.
Progressed to the 3rd and 4th set of eggs (white spirals).

[Image: c6c005ff6430d29afe8cbeb53d401237.jpg]
[-] The following 5 users Like daelie's post:
  • Cabinetman, Fusilier, Greenough, MarineGP, Mt4d_1
Soooo, one day I went to check the container and there was nothing in it. I thought the berghias were just dead because I hadn't changed water in a few days. But I found 2 on the threads of the cup they are in, and one on my protein skimmer. The 4th managed to escape completely somewhere into my sump and though I look every night, I can't seem to find him.

They lay a massive amount of eggs, and more than likely, I end up sucking some eggs out when I do their water change. I may even be sucking out the babies that have hatched and I just can't see. It takes about a month or so from the time the babies hatch until you can VISIBLY see them. You just sort of have to have faith I suppose. So I keep a few small aiptasia in every container 24/7 in case there are babies floating around.

But tonight, I have to change the water in these little cups. I looked inside the first one and saw a tiny white thing floating on top of the water. I've noticed the adults do this, somehow they can cling to the surface of the water upside down (they don't swim). But this tiny little thing was my first baby, and upon further inspection, there are several more, probably 10-15 visible babies!!!! Thinking, I changed the water in this cup 2 days ago on Saturday and didn't see ANYTHING.

Here are a couple pics of the berghia babies, next to the adults and one with the egg clusters near just to get a grasp on their size. Keep in mind the adults themselves aren't probably much more than a centimeter in length.

[Image: t7AyHcbh.png]

[Image: 6gm8rQuh.jpg]
[-] The following 4 users Like daelie's post:
  • Crouse, Fusilier, MarineGP, Mt4d_1
So cool man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
like too have a couple of those TJ when the timing is right good job your doing
Very interesting and good write up.. keep up the good work
Pretty awesome to see.