Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
120"x40"x28" Tank Build
So it's official!  My new tank will be a 10 ft x 40"x28" tall 580 gallon. After harassing the good people at Sabic plastics In Dartmouth I've got the pieces for this tank showing up this week. The sheets are a whopping 120x80"X1" thick. I got them to split the sheet into 3 - 26 1/2 strips. One piece for each side and I'll cut the ends outa the other strip. Then for the bottom I bought a 4x8 sheet of 3/4 which I will cut and cement a piece to make the bottom. The bracing on the top will be made out of 3/4 as well. That's the plan. I'll take pics once I get materials this week!
you tank is literally going to be bigger than some pools... Sounds amazing! you could literally fit 50 of my tanks into that bad boy

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk
(09-Jan-2017, 10:42 AM)bjdhty804 Wrote: you tank is literally going to be bigger than some pools... Sounds amazing! you could literally fit 50 of my tanks into that bad boy

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk

Lol. Being able to build tanks is a curse and a blessing at the same time. I can't believe I'm building one this big. Hopefully this is it.... For a few years lol
Wow, can't wait to see it come together Wayne!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super pumped for this build Wayne! Next year you should plan for at least a 12 footer, LOL!!!!
Ya my Tangs have been waiting for you to build this Wayne lol
(09-Jan-2017, 03:45 PM)nsfishguy Wrote: Super pumped for this build Wayne!  Next year you should plan for at least a 12 footer, LOL!!!!

If I had your house I'd have a 12 ft for sure but I think this tank is going to be it for a long long time lol
(09-Jan-2017, 05:46 PM)KingFish Wrote: Ya my Tangs have been waiting for you to build this Wayne lol

Mine too!! I'm just itching to get my paws on that acrylic!
We should take bets on how long it takes Wayne to get this built and setup! LOL!!!
hes gonna power through the build in a weekend then i say 3 days to shutdown the current, move and install new and have it up and running so 5 days from start to finish