Poll: What alkalinity supplement do you use
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Kalk
30.00%
3 30.00%
Baking Soda
0%
0 0%
Red Sea (powder)
10.00%
1 10.00%
Red Sea (liquid)
10.00%
1 10.00%
Kent
0%
0 0%
Seachem
10.00%
1 10.00%
Fauna Marin
0%
0 0%
B-ionic
0%
0 0%
Other (please comment)
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alkalinity dosing supplement
I'm just wondering what people are currently using for Alk dosing right now, I'm just running out and thought I'd see what others are currently using.

Up until recently I used Kalk and baking soda, but had a weird issue last year with the baking soda (everything would retract badly when I dosed) and after realizing it switched to red sea and never had any issues.

Added a poll with a few suggestions off the top of my head, will add any others later if I missed any major ones.
Edit: guess you cant add after the polls posted, just thought about reactors, but I guess that will have to go under other
Dave,

I have used the Aquaforrest 3 part solution for a year and a half, it made it fairly easy you start by dosing equally part of all three bottles. I found that I used to need about 20% more on the Calcium and Magnesium to get my levels stable (due to the SPS in my tank and the clam). For my new tank I switched to a calcium reactor. The Aquaforrect I was up to 175ml a day so it was getting a little too pricey, tried to mix my own and restart but with work and traveling I couldn't get it tuned in.

Regards,

David
Calcium Reactor. High cost up front, but when the media dissolves includes everything that went into building the coral(Cal/Alk/Mag/Trace Elements). Also much cheaper over the long run. A years worth of supplies is about $40-50.
[-] The following 1 user Likes C-Dub's post:
  • DavidLong
I have been using Aquaforest 3 part for a few months. So far it is working well for me. I have also been looking into a reactor maybe.
Tropic Marin 3 bailing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Own Secret Sauce!!
(27-Apr-2019, 08:15 PM)daelie Wrote: My Own Secret Sauce!!

Lol, base on screen shots of your take I think you need to share that info.

Thanks for the replies, I'm looking into Aquaforest and also some research into reactors, just not sure I want to go that route.