Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
need help
Not sure what to do had a glass thermometer in the tank as kind of a back up and it broke leaked into the tank. lost 4 fish this week-end, And i believe i have ick. did a big water change to try to remove what i can. any ideas on how to proceed? I believe i got all the glass and the black balls from the bottom just worried about the mercury. any help would be welcome
Is there anything living in the tank? You will need to siphon out the sand until you are 100% sure you have all balls and glass. Can shine a light alone the top of the sand to find pieces of glass.
(28-Oct-2019, 10:11 AM)C-Dub Wrote: Is there anything living in the tank? You will need to siphon out the sand until you are 100% sure you have all balls and glass. Can shine a light alone the top of the sand to find pieces of glass.
there are still 5 fish seem ok, i will check the sand again thanks
(28-Oct-2019, 10:17 AM)twast Wrote:
(28-Oct-2019, 10:11 AM)C-Dub Wrote: Is there anything living in the tank? You will need to siphon out the sand until you are 100% sure you have all balls and glass. Can shine a light alone the top of the sand to find pieces of glass.
there are still 5 fish seem ok, i will check the sand again thanks
Did some research. If your thermometer had “red” liquid, it’s not mercury, it’s either dyed alcohol or petroleum based and some water changes and maybe using chemi-pure in your filter will help. The major issue is the steel shot balls. If they rust, you’ll have issues. Try a magnet to catch them from substrate and get them all