Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Par meter
I am wanting to get a par meter so i can see whats going on in the tank. Been looking at the seneye one for a bit but unsure how easy it is to use over all. And do u have to always buy those new slides for them. Anyone got one or does someone have good info
No one else waded in so I will. The seneye from what I understand is used as an affordable par meter. Most owners do not keep it in the tank.

From the internet...

slide allows for the monitoring of free ammonia and pH. The free ammonia (NH3) sensor allows for detection of this highly toxic chemical at very low levels. The pH sensor allows for monitoring of your aquarium or pond water between 6.4 and 9.

It also gives you the + when you get your new slides. So no calibration and notifications from the web since its monitored. Problem i see is that in needs a rj45 cable, wifi is an add on and pricey from when I had a look.

I did talk with a reefer (who turned me on to this forum) in living reef about the seneye. He had it connected by wifi through a raspberry pi. The pi is cheap and many of us probably have a few kicking around.

Personally I'm not interested in a subscription to use a piece of gear.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
Since black fri is coming up soon. I am hoping this maybe be on sale a bit. Does anyone use one now.
I’ve got one sitting in my closet. I’ve used it to check par on a few tanks after set up, but never bothered using the slides or keeping in the tank permanently
With the seneye u just move it around the tank to read par at different levels.

Was thinking of looking at apex also but half of it i cant use . Cant control heat lights skimmer or power heads. So im just trying to find something that can do readings of the tank more instant.

I did see something on fb for reef tanks for get the name but its on the same line i guess as the seneye
I will say I love my APEX and trident.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I love my apex and trident as well. Can’t imagine running a tank without it now. I control everything with mine. I’ve got feed modes set up so that my pumps shut off, my skimmer shuts off along with my power heads. Then 5 mins later my auto feeder feeds the tank. Then 10 mins later the return pump and power heads turn back on then 5 mins later the skimmer does. All my lights are controlled using it. I get ph, orp ,temp, calcium , mag, and alk digital readings. And that just touches the surface of the capabilities of it. I also control my heaters almost forgot lol. You can get a par meter for it too.
(15-Nov-2020, 02:43 PM)AQUARIUS Wrote: With the seneye u just move it around the tank to read par at different levels.

Was thinking of looking at apex also but half of it i cant use . Cant control heat lights skimmer or power heads. So im just trying to find something that can do readings of the tank more instant.

I did see something on fb for reef tanks for get the name but its on the same line i guess as the seneye

Yup, just plug it in to your laptop or whatever computer you use, whenever you want to use it and it gives instant readings around the tank. Pretty simple to use, actually. 
Thanks. Thinking im gonna get one.