Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time
Well it's Sunday time to do some tank cleaning water change and glass cleaning and moving some rock
(09-Apr-2017, 11:31 AM)REEFER-RICK Wrote: Well it's Sunday time to do some tank cleaning water change and glass cleaning and moving some rock

Sunday is my water change go to day as well. Saturday evening is always the "fill the bucket with RO water" event in preparation. I only do about a 10% change and lately the water quality has been really good so "maintenance sunday" may become a bi-weekly event.
(09-Apr-2017, 11:37 AM)kman_2smooth Wrote:
(09-Apr-2017, 11:31 AM)REEFER-RICK Wrote: Well it's Sunday time to do some tank cleaning water change and glass cleaning and moving some rock

Sunday is my water change go to day as well. Saturday evening is always the "fill the bucket with RO water" event in preparation. I only do about a 10% change and lately the water quality has been really good so "maintenance sunday" may become a bi-weekly event.

just thinking weekly water changes are why your water quality stays good
(09-Apr-2017, 11:47 AM)leekevin Wrote:
(09-Apr-2017, 11:37 AM)kman_2smooth Wrote:

just thinking weekly water changes are why your water quality stays good

I've always religiously done weekly water changes. When you build up a reef tank with thousands of dollars worth of corals and livestock, 2.5 cups of salt a week is a small price to pay for peace on mind. I look at it this way, one 200gal bucket of salt is about $100. One large fish or coral is sometimes worth twice that amount. I consider it insurance.  Big Grin
well Sunday is my 10% day sometimes more

Well I am finding that this fine sand is a pain in the butt

So friggin cloudy now pain might change up when I move