Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flatworms
Hi folks,

I have a outbreak of flatworms in my 120 gallon, been fighting them for a while now but they are still there. Fish and corals are all happy and healthy. I'm just sick of looking at and fighting to get rid of them. Before I put the fish in the quarantine tank, treat the display with flatworm exit and do a massive clean/water change I wanted to make sure that this is the way to go. Has anyone had to deal with this? Any suggestions?

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk
I haven't dealt with those before. But know certain inverts or wrasse will eat them
Get some springeri damsels too, they’re great flatworm eaters
That and wrasses. I have a male and female blue spot lepoard, possum and a large green Corris wrasse that is a bugger who flips my corals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Smart move taking the fish out, I guarantee you have 10 times the amount you can see. I wiped out $1500 worth of fish 10 years ago in 30 minutes by under estimating how many I had in a 220 after using Flatworm Exit. Have the water change ready, a couple of good fish nets, as well as, some way of running activated carbon.
Which type of flatworms? Are they the rusty brown ones on the glass or clearish on the corals? The coral ones are a lot tougher to get rid of.
(01-Feb-2021, 10:18 AM)C-Dub Wrote: Which type of flatworms? Are they the rusty brown ones on the glass or clearish on the corals? The coral ones are a lot tougher to get rid of.
They are the rusty brown ones

(01-Feb-2021, 09:41 AM)Sheldon Wrote: Smart move taking the fish out, I guarantee you have 10 times the amount you can see. I wiped out $1500 worth of fish 10 years ago in 30 minutes by under estimating how many I had in a 220 after using Flatworm Exit. Have the water change ready, a couple of good fish nets, as well as, some way of running activated carbon.
I have a canister filter that I'm going to use, its good for 220 gallons so it should do well on the 120...

Thank you! I definitely don't want to kill off my fish and shrimp.

The rusty brown ones really don’t hurt anything other than our feelings as far as I’ve read. Might pay to just get something that controls them instead of poisoning your tank
[-] The following 2 users Like Cabinetman's post:
  • C-Dub, scrad_69
Anyone have any idea where I could find a blue velvet Nudibranch? Looks like they are the idea flatworm hunter